Reducing the risks and staying safe, here at Walker Ground Manor!
We love welcoming guests to our B&B and Self Catering Barn and providing them with the best experience possible. This is a new situation we all now find ourselves in and we are learning and adapting more every day.
We have provided lots of information in the hope you will be reassured that we will be working hard to make your stay with us as lovely and safe as possible. Lots of the things we have listed below we have always done and good hygiene standards have always been essential to our working, but now it does feel important to mention all the relevant steps we take for COVID-19 safety reasons.
The Barn is self-contained and self-catered and we are enabling guests with remote check-in/out to enable you to enjoy your stay at a safe distance from others. Among our three B&B rooms, the Four Poster and Garden View Rooms are located in the main house with shared access via the front door, however, our Veranda Room is separate with its own stepped access from the garden. Exposure to others is limited to ourselves and generally up to four other guests whilst inside the house.
To ensure your stay is as comfortable and relaxing as always, we are currently providing our guests with their own private breakfast room in either the Dining Room, Lounge or Conservatory.
Your allocated breakfast room will be for your exclusive use only.
Please note there is currently no communal guest lounge, but all of our guests rooms have seating areas.
As a husband and wife team with no staff, would like to reassure you that the health and safety of our guests is paramount at all times and we will be constantly striving to reduce the risk from COVID-19 to our guests and ourselves, by following all relevant government guidelines and assessing the services we provide.
We also ask that our guests follow their own local guidelines.
- Hand sanitising gel will be available in the hallway and dining areas.
- Social distancing rules will be observed by us at all times. Please respect this.
- Rooms are cleaned and aired between guests, all hard surfaces, keys and equipment etc, sanitised with antiviral cleaner.
- All Linen is professionally and hygienically cleaned to infection control standards.
- All towels, mattress covers and pillow protectors are washed at high temperatures with added laundry sanitiser.
- Bedding that can’t be washed is rotated and quarantined for a min 72 hours between guests.
- Antibacterial soap is available in all en suites.
- Rooms will not be serviced during your stay, unless necessary for maintenance. We will remotely provide for the top up of consumables and exchange of used items for washing etc.
- All crockery, cutlery and glassware are washed in a dishwasher at 60oC+ with a recommended detergent.
- All door handles, banisters and other ‘touch points’ are regularly cleaned with antiviral cleaner.
- Socially distanced tables and breakfast areas will be provided.
- Breakfast will be fully served with appropriate safety procedures.
- We strive to remain paperless and contactless wherever possible.
- Contactless payments will be preferable, other suitably safe alternative arrangements are also welcomed.
- PPE will be used following all applicable guidelines.
- Guests will be requested to adhere to distancing rules when walking round the property.
- We will still be having face to face contact with our guests, according to distancing guidelines. Guests can also contact us via phone and message.
- There may be some other services we are unable to offer, or that are altered, for the safety of our guests and ourselves.
- Guests are asked to adhere to current Government COVID-19 guidelines at all times on our property.
- Guests’ courtesy is requested to ensure distancing measures are observed with ourselves and other guests, in the common passing points such as the hallway and the stairs, which will require a ‘wait and let pass’ system.
- Vision of the hallway and landing from the stairs is good, so usual courtesy is all that is required to ensure distancing in these areas.
We hold a 5* Food Standards Rating and Food Hygiene Certification.
We have no distancing restrictions with regard to the preparation of food, so our usual delicious full menu is available. But we will be asking guests to book a breakfast slot and pre-order, so we can operate safe serving.
Cancellation policy for direct bookings
We have made this more flexible to promote guest confidence and allow for cancellation at shorter notice if cancellation is directly due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please see T & Cs for full details.
Guests must cancel their booking if they are:
- Displaying any symptoms of COVID 19 (please see gov website for full clarification)
- Awaiting a COVID 19 test result ( other than routine exclusion tests)
- Or should be quarantining due to a positive test or from contact with an infected person.
- Returned from foreign travel within the 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- Or have personal concerns regarding their safety to travel.
- Prevented from travel due to local area legal restrictions.
What else do you will need to know about your stay?
- Get ahead and plan your activities in advance of your arrival.
- We can email walk routes and activity suggestions in advance and can have some print outs waiting for you. As we won’t be able to lend out maps and leaflets.
- It will be absolutely essential to book Pubs & Restaurants for evening meals and lunches. We will send you a local list prior to arrival.
- We are happy to provide Crockery & Cutlery for cold snacks in your room. But we do not allow Take Aways or Hot Food in the bedrooms.
- Guests are welcome to eat their own food in the garden weather permitting.
- The Veranda has its own private outside sitting/eating covered area.
- You can bring your own drinks, we do provide glasses in the rooms
- We can provide ice on request.
- Tea & Coffee making facilities are in the rooms as usual, but the standard drinks selection will be limited, as everything you don’t use we have to be thrown away. So if you would like anything in particular ( green tea etc) please let us know in advance.
- If you have any special dietary requirements. We do need to know in advance ( ideally on booking) otherwise we may not be able to offer you the alternatives you request.
- Check the opening times and restrictions of the attractions you want to visit and book as soon as you can. Lots places will only be taking bookings online.
- Everything will be by card payment even some public loos!
- Sandwiches, Take Aways and Ice Cream can be purchased during the day in the village.
- Not sure what’s happening yet with the local taxi’s so I would suggest for now, you don’t make plans that rely on them.
- If you have friends or relatives, living or staying in the area, please meet away from our property.
- The Fells and all the lovely walks we have here right from the door are all operating as normal, just bring your walking boots and waterproofs (just in case) and you’re good to go!
What if a guest becomes unwell during their stay with us?
If any guest becomes unwell during their stay with symptoms linked to COVID-19 (including a high temperature, persistent cough, loss of sense of smell or taste), they must inform us immediately by phone and remain in their room, until we have secured the area to maintain the safety of other guests. Providing they don’t need urgent medical care, they will be asked to return home without delay. We are unable to accommodate guests that are required to strictly self-isolate. There will be no refund for nights not stayed and additional charges may apply.
Following departure, the room and common areas will be deep cleaned and, where necessary, quarantined according to guidelines. We will be obliged to provide guest contact details to the Government track and trace system if asked to do so.
If you have got down to here, you have read a lot of stuff, sorry if its bit of an overload, but less is not more in these times! We hope we have reassured you and that you are looking forward to a great stay with us.
If you have any questions, queries or suggestions at any time, please do not hesitate to contact us.email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 015394 36219 Message: 07855 006397
Sue & Richard