“Hirer” means the lead name on the booking, and named in the confirmation;
“Party” means the Hirer and the entire group of people staying in the property, the names of who were confirmed with Mr & Mrs Hodgson (the owners) at the time of booking.
- The making of a booking and receipt of the confirmation will form an agreement on these terms; for the rental of the property by the hirer; and for the provision to the hirer by Mr & Mrs Hodgson of additional services and/or products specified in the confirmation.
- The party must take good care of the property, keep it clean and tidy throughout their holiday and leave it clean and tidy on their departure.
- Any breakages or damage must be reported to and paid for as soon as reasonably practicable after they have occurred.
- The Hirer is held responsible for the behaviour of the party and for the condition in which the property is left at the end of the stay.
- No change in the identity of any member of the party may take place without the prior written consent of Mr & Mrs Hodgson
- The hirer must be over 18 years of age and any member of the party who has not attained the age of 18 must be accurately disclosed on booking.
2. Payment Terms
- If the booking is made more than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday, the hirer must pay:£200 of the total rent at the point of booking.
- If the booking is made within 8 weeks of the start of the holiday the hirer must pay the whole of the agreed rent.
- In order that the property can be thoroughly inspected between lets, holidays commence at 3.00pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00am on departure day.
- The property is offered only on the understanding that no more than the maximum number of people as indicated in the property details shall use it. As Mr & Mrs Hodgson reserve the right to refuse or curtail any booking where it subsequently transpires that the information has been withheld in relation to numbers in the party or its composition.
Pets cannot be brought to the property except when the property details permit and only then with the express permission of Mr & Mrs Hodgson. Where a pet is housed without such permission we reserve rights as reserved in condition
A Pet is permitted on the following understanding:
- Under no circumstances may dogs be left unattended in the property nor be allowed to sit or sleep on any furniture.
- Pet owners are responsible for ensuring that any pets are not allowed to foul the property or its surrounds.
- Dogs must be on a lead at all times in the property grounds.
- Cats are not accepted.
Bed linen is supplied as per the property details. Towels are included.
No liability is accepted in respect of loss or damage to the Hirer or any member of the party, their baggage, car or contents, resulting from riot, war, strikes, adverse weather conditions or sickness or injury or for loss or damage by a third party. This does not exclude liability for the actions of employees, agents or subcontractors or the property owner.
- If, upon arrival the hirer considers there are reasonable grounds for complaint about the property, the hirer must contact the owner immediately so that, appropriate action can be taken where practicable. If a reason for complaint arises during the holiday, the hirer must similarly contact Mr & Mrs Hodgson as soon as the problem arises. No complaints will be considered after completion of the holiday, unless they were raised when they arose.
- Whilst Mr & Mrs Hodgson will where practicable attend to repairs to the property during the holiday, it cannot guarantee to do so and no refunds will be granted should any disrepair occur and not be immediately rectified.
The owner of the property, his/her/its representatives, must be allowed access to the property at any reasonable time including for essential maintenance, other emergencies. Wherever possible, prior arrangements will be made.
9. Charges by the Hirer
Immediately upon receipt of the confirmation from Mr & Mrs Hodgson, the hirer should check the details and notify them immediately of any corrections that should be made.
10. Cancellation by the Hirer
Holiday cancellation insurance is not provided by the owner of the property and is not included in the price of the holiday. The hirer should ensure that suitable holiday/travel/cancellation insurance is available from a source regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
10.2 The hirer must notify Mr Mrs Hodgson immediately and in writing of any intention to cancel. The cancellation only takes effect when Mr Mrs Hodgson has received written confirmation from the hirer. If the hirer cancels, it is still liable for the payment of any outstanding fees.
10.3 Mr Mrs Hodgson shall seek to obtain a replacement booking for the property at the best possible price but not necessarily the agreed rent. If the property is re-let, monies received by Mr Mrs Hodgson from the replacement hirer for the re-let holiday, less a handling charge of £50 and any extras already paid, will be refunded to you within 2 weeks of the re-let holiday taking place.
10.4 If Mr Mrs Hodgson is unable to re-let the property for the period of the cancelled holiday, all monies paid by the hirer to Mr Mrs Hodgson shall be retained by Mr Mrs Hodgson.
10.5 No refunds will be given on cancelled short break holidays or last minute bookings, whether or not the property is re-let.
10.6 Mr Mrs Hodgson reserves the right to ask for written evidence of cancellation insurance being obtained by the hirer.
11. Cancellation by Mr & Mrs Hodgson
In the event that the reservation becomes unavailable due to reasons beyond their control, Mr & Mrs Hodgson will offer the hirer an alternative week of similar monetary value wherever practicable. If no alternative is available, all monies will be returned in full and Mr & Mrs Hodgson shall not be under any other liability. Mr & Mrs Hodgson accept no liability for adverse weather conditions which may affect public roads and access to the property and shall not be obliged to offer an alternative property in those circumstances.
12. Loss of property and Nuisance
Mr & Mrs Hodgson regret that they cannot accept liability for any lost property left behind at the property. They will make every reasonable effort to return lost property that comes into its possession and can to its satisfaction be identified on receipt of full payment for the registered post required to return it to the hirer.
12.2 As far as practicable Mr & Mrs Hodgson will advise the hirer in advance of any situation which may affect the holiday. However, they accepts no liability for any disturbance which may occur and is outside of their control. Town centre noises should be expected within legal limits and especially during busy holiday periods. Country noises may include barking dogs, farm machinery and farm animals. Hirers should understand that neighbours of the property are not obliged to advise Mr & Mrs Hodgson of any work/disturbance they may be undertaking as long as this is within legal limits.
13. Payment by Direct Bank Transfer or cheque
Payment can be made by bank transfer or cheque; we do not accept credit cards at present.
14. Property Information
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the accuracy of information given either orally or written and all representations are made in good faith, no such representations will create any liability on the part of Mr & Mrs Hodgson. Bookings are accepted on the understanding that the hirer has read the description of the property in the brochure or on the current website.
15. Brochure and Website accuracy
Whilst to the best of Mr & Mrs Hodgson’s knowledge the details relating to any property described in the brochure and on the website were correct at the time of printing/publishing. They reserve the right to make alterations to the brochure/website at any time and shall where practicable inform the hirer of any such alterations affecting the booking. Mr & Mrs Hodgson cannot accept responsibility for any changes to, or closure of any area amenities or attractions (including any interruption to services offered by a third party mentioned in the brochure or on the website including Wi-Fi, broadband, television and mobile phone reception).
16. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
The agreement shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England and Wales.
N.B This brochure/website and terms and conditions of bookings supersede all previous issues.